TP-Link routers are one of the best selling routers in the world. You can get the best routers from the TP-link at a very affordable price. TP-Link is a China-based company founded by Zhào Jiāxīng and Zhào Jiànjūn. TP-Link has also made computing products for Google. One of the products that were made by TP link for Google is called OnHub router.
TP-Link products include smartphones, ADSL, Repeaters, Wireless routers, Cameras, adapters, media converters and a lot more. The TP-link has also launched its smartphone called efforts on the market. The company was founded in 1996. It is one of the oldest computing product companies that is still dominating the market. The major competition of TP-link is D-Link, Asus, Tenda, Netgear, and Buffalo.
Many TP-link routers can be used as a range extender. Yes, you have read it right. You can use your TP link router as a repeater. There is one more problem that we are going to address today. Many people buy TP-link routers to use it as a repeater. However, they do not know how to set it up as a repeater. Today, we are going to show you how it is done. Follow the tutorial below to find out.
Set up the TP-Link router as a Repeater:
Connect your router with your PC with a LAN cable. You can also connect it to your smartphone using a wireless connection. However, it is recommended to use PC and LAN Cable. Follow the tutorial below to make your TP link router a repeater.
- Connect your device with the router that you want to use as a repeater.
- Open a web browser on your device.
- Go to the URL tab and type “192.168.0.254” and hit enter.
- You will be redirected to the login page of the router.
- Enter the default username of the router i.e. “admin”.
- Enter the default password of the router i.e. “admin”.
- Click on OK. You will be logged into the TP-link router setup page.
- Click on “Quick Setup” option from the left sidebar of the webpage. Then, click on “Next” option.
- Now, Select the “Repeater” option and click on “Next”.
- Now, Click on “Survey” option and click on “Next”.
- Locate the router that you want to connect with under the SSID column. Select it and click on “Connect”.
- Go to “Security option” and match the settings with your existing router.
- Go to “Password” and match it with the existing router.
- Click on “Next”.
- Click “Reboot”.
- Wait for the process to reach 100 percent.
Done! you have successfully set up your TP link router as a repeater. You can bookmark our website for more tutorials related to the TP-link router. We frequently provide solutions to all the problems related to TP-link routers.