It is efficient to use the Google wifi app to manage Onhub router and Google Wifi. On the hub, the router is a Google router manufactured by TP-link. Google Wifi is a new product by Google that was launched in 2016. You can set up multiple Google wifi devices in your home or office. You can purchase Google wifi as a single unit or in a multi-pack. Google Wifi received a lot of positive reviews. The product was praised for its unique design, simple setup process and excellent performance.
Google Wifi or Google Home: Features
Today, we are going to show you how you can set up Google Wifi with the app. Let’s first have a look at the things you can do with Google Wifi:
- You can check the speed of your network with the app. You can test the entire network or one portion at a time. You can check the download speed, upload speed, and connection between wifi points with the app.
- You can pause the internet on any device that is connected with your router. You can pause it any time you want such as you can pause the internet from your kid’s device during dinner when they are getting ready for school and so on.
- You can block millions of adult websites automatically. The router automatically blocks all the adult websites from your kid’s device.
- You can create a separate network for guests.
- Without downloading any app, anyone in the home can control your Philips Hue lights.
- You can prioritize any device with the Google Wifi app. You can prioritize it by giving it the fastest connection of the Wifi.
Requirements to Setup Router with Apps
These are some of the things that you can do with the Google Wifi app. You will come to know more about such things while using it yourself. Now, let’s talk about how you can set up Google wifi with the app. Let’s start with the things you will need to get started:
- Google Wifi
- Google Account Username and Password
- Google Wifi app
- Broadband Connection with a Modem
- LAN Cable
- Power Adapter
How to Setup Google Wifi or Home | Simple Steps
Now, let’s learn how to set up the router with the app.
- Connect your Router with a modem and place it somewhere.
- Connect the LAN cable to the WAN port of the Google wifi. Plug the Wifi into a powerpoint. A blue light on the device will indicate that Google Wifi has been started.
- Download the Google Wifi app on your smartphone device.
- Sign in to your Google account.
- Find and connect with Google Wifi points. You can scan the QR code to connect your phone with the wifi.
- In the app, choose the location of your wifi points.
- Follow the instructions and proceed further.
- Now create a name for your wifi network and click on “Next.”
- Create a password for the network.
- Turn on the cloud service.
Done! You have successfully set up your Google wifi with the app. You can bookmark our website for more content related to the Google Wifi router.